St. Gabriel Early Childhood Programs
Every Child is Unique
The TCCES Early Childhood Programs provides a Catholic environment, which fosters positive values and attitudes. It encompasses the spiritual, emotional, intellectual, social and physical developmental needs of each young child. Wisconsin Council of Religious and Independent Schools (WCRIS) accredit all TCCES Schools.
Each child is an individual and a gift from God. Our preschool and prekindergarten teachers nurture a child's natural curiosity for learning and encourage self-motivation and independence. The program promotes an awareness and acceptance of each person's uniqueness. A positive self-image is developed through recognizing the many gifts and talents of every child.
Partnering with Families
We believe that communication and cooperation with parents and families build a positive foundation for school and learning. Your child will experience the consistency of morals and values based in the Catholic tradition. Our teachers promote strong communication between school and home. Parent/teacher conferences are offered mid-fall and early spring for all preschool and pre-kindergarten students. Parents may request a conference with teachers at any time throughout the year.
Flexibility in Scheduling
Our programs allow for flexibility to meet the needs of each individual family. Our administrators and staff will work with you to determine the programs and schedule that work best for your child and your family.
Our Early Childhood Programs are housed in the TCCES Elementary Schools. Preschoolers have access to outdoor playgrounds, school libraries, updated technology, school gyms, older student role models and a secure environment. To maintain a safe environment for every child and allow easy access for families, all school entrances are locked and have security systems that allow visitors and guests' admission into the buildings.
Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten Goals
- Nurture a child's faith by modeling Catholic values
- Develop self-esteem through encouragement
- Encourage social development as children interact in both small group and large group activities
- Prepare children for kindergarten
- Provide respectful, loving guidance that will enable the child to develop self-control
- Foster creativity and caring through imaginative play, problem solving activities, music activities and art projects
- Faith development is nurtured by modeling Catholic values
- Self esteem and feelings of inclusion and self worth are fostered by building class cooperation and respect
- Physical coordination and control are developed through large and small motor activities
- Reading readiness and the related skills of learning, speaking and writing are integrated daily
- Mathematics readiness and the related skills of geometry are nurtured through observations, discovery activities, concrete experiences and playful creativity
- Self awareness, science and observation are explored and nurtured through hands-on learning
- Fieldtrips are planned to expand the curriculum beyond the school walls
- Social skills, cooperation, manners and respect for others are incorporated into the classroom environment and daily expectations
- Holidays, traditions and different cultures are taught and celebrated
TCCES Programs and Information
This program is intended for three-year-old children who are toilet-trained. This program is offered in a two-day-a-week or three-day-a-week format. Enrollment is open throughout the school year.
Tuition: 2 day-a-week session $1015.00, 3 day-a-week session $1265.00
Pre-Kindergarten (Four Year Old Kindergarten)
This program is intended for four and five year old children who will be going into kindergarten the following year. This program is offered in a three-day-a-week and a five-day-a-week format. Enrollment is open throughout the school year.
Extended Day Preschool
This program is available for families who would like additional childcare after the regular preschool and pre-kindergarten classes. This program is available during the school year and follows the school calendar.
Extended Day Pre-Kindergarten
This program is available for families who would like additional educational opportunities after regular pre-kindergarten classes. This is a pilot program for 2008-2009 and does not operate on a drop-in basis. Availability will be based on the number of children registered. Students must be registered to participate in this program. Program based on August 1st enrollment.
After School Care
This elementary program is available to families who would like additional childcare when the elementary school is dismissed until approximately 5:30 p.m. This program is available to preschoolers at the discretion of the building principal.
Before School Care
Each day the school buildings are open at 7:30 a.m. for child drop-off. Teachers and staff supervise the students until classes begin at 8:00 a.m. There is no charge for this service
Children entering kindergarten are required to be five years old on or before September 1 of the school year in which they are enrolling. The TCCES Elementary Schools will follow the local public school district criteria in regard to early entrance requests.
Wisconsin state law requires that all two to four year olds entering preschool shall have received the following immunizations:
- 4 DTaP (or DT or DTP)
- 3 Hepatitis B
- 1 MMR
- 3 Polio (IPV or OPV)
- 1 Varicella (or history of chicken pox disease)
- A yearly exam by a health professional is recommended.
All programs require 8 students registered by August 1st.